22/1/25 - First Post
Good morning, I rode my bike to work today. This is a designated winter rider that I built in Summer 2024. I'll write up feature post about the origin of this bike that includes how I came to own it and the parts I have put into it.
For now, I'm just posting my daily picture that I take when I cross the Sabo bridge in Minneapolis. This is a tradition I started on Instagram, but I'm trying to limit my daily usage of Meta platforms. Not that posting on a Google/Alphabet owned platform is any more dignified.
I had a successful year in cycling in 2024 and hope to keep building on that with consistent rides with friends and challenging myself to my first Century Ride and possibly a cross-state ride to my hometown in South Dakota.
Today I'm pruning trees in Minneapolis near Bde Maka Ska and am enjoying the warmer temps. Currently nearly 40°F warmer than it was yesterday. Damn it has been dangerously cold. I'm feeling a lot of pressures and vices squeezing me lately. It's not good. The world is rough and I'm feeling a little collapsed in on myself instead of being a stronger representation of the figure I want to be in these times.
I hope my rides help ease the pain a little. Until tomorrow, or whenever I write next.